|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Love, unto thine own who camest
whom thine own received not:
light, that shinedst in the darkness,
but the darkness
thy splendour perceived not:
2. O blessed were they who saw thee,
who were chosen
first saints of thy saving word:
blessed they who have not seen thee,
are called by thee, O Lord.
3. Like stars in the night appearing,
some are shining,
leaders high of man’s desire:
saints are some, in silent temples
bright lamps of love’s living fire.
4. Thou hidest them, Love almighty,
in thy presence,
from this world’s provoking wrongs:
sheltered in thy quiet haven
thou dost keep them
from strife of ungodly tongues.
5. Love, unto thine own who camest,
may thy servants
thy great love receive aright:
grant, O grant that out of darkness
may come to thy marvelous light.