Oh! go fetch me down my riding cane,
For I'm goin' to see my darlin' Jane!
And a hog-eye railroad nigger with his hog-eye
Row the boat ashore, and a hog-eye O!
She wants the hog-eye man.
2. Oh the hogs-eye man is the man for me,
He was raised way down in Tennessee.
3. O the hog-eye man are all the go,
When they come down to San Francisco,
4. Now, its "who's been here since I've been gone?"
A railroad nigger with his sea-boots on,
5. O Sally in the garden is picking peas,
Her golden hair hanging down to her knees,
6. Oh Jenny’s in the garden shelling peas,
A bold Jack Tar sitting on her knee.
7. Now where have you been gone so long.
You Yankee Tar with your sea-boots on.
8. We’re a hog’s-eye ship and a hog’s-eye crew,
With a hog’s-eye mate and a skipper too.