|Visit Us On FB
POLLY PUT THE KETTLE ON.
2. E was an Esquire with pride on his brow, F was a Farmer who followed the plough, G was a Gamester who had but ill luck, H was a Hunter who hunted a buck.
3. I was an Inkeeper who lov'd to carouse, J was a Joiner who built up a house,
K is King George who governs the land, L was a Lady who had a white hand.
4. M was a Miser who hoarded up gold N was a Nobleman gallant and bold,
O was an Oyster girl going about town,
P was a Parson who wore a black gown.
5. Q was a Queen who wore a silk slip, R was a Robber who wanted a whip, S was a Sailor who spent all he got, T was a Tinker who mended a pot.
6. IT was an Usurer, miserable elf,
V was a Vintner who drank all himself, W was a Watchman who guarded the door, X was Expensive, and so became poor.
7. Y was a Youth who didnt love school,
Z was a Zany, a poor harmless fool.
To be sung to the second half of the tune. 14956