|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
In the chant for the Psalms and Canticles (Benedictus and Magnificat) several parts are to be distinguished, namely:—
i. The Intonation or Inception-,
2. The Inflexion, marked thus:
3. The Mediation, or Middle Cadence, marked thus:*;
4. The Termination, or Final Cadence;
5. The Dominant, Re citing-note, or Tenor.
1. An Intonation is made in every Psalm that is immediately preceded by the intoning of an antiphon. It is made, however, only at the first verse, the remaining verses, including the Gloria, beginning on the Dominant.
2. The Inflexion is to be made where marked thus Here a short pause is also to