|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Why doth that impious Herod fear,
When told that Christ the King is near?
He takes not earthly realms away,
Who gives the realms that ne'er decay.
2. The Eastern sages saw from far
And followed on His guiding star;
By light their way to Light they trod,
And by their gifts confessed their God.
3. Within the Jordan's sacred flood
The heavenly Lamb in meekness stood,
That He, to Whom no sin was known,
Might cleanse His people from their own.
4. And oh! what miracle divine,
When water reddened into wine;
He spake the word, and forth it flowed
In streams that nature ne'er bestowed.
5. All glory, Jesu, be to Thee,
For this Thy glad Epiphany:
Whom, with the Father, we adore,
And Holy Ghost for evermore. Amen.