|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. While angels thus, O Lord, rejoice,
Shall men no anthem raise
O may we lose these useless tongues.
When we forget to praise!
2. Then let us swell responsive notes.
And join the heavenly throng;
For angels no such love have Known.
As we, to wake their aong.
3. Good-will to sinful dust is shown,
And peace on earth is given;
For lo! th' incarnate Saviour comes,
With news of joy from heaven!
4. Mercy and truth, with sweet accord,
His rising beams adorn;
Let heaven and earth in concert sing,
"The promis'd child is born!"
5. Glory to God, in highest strains,
By highest worlds is paid ;
Be glory, then, by us proclaimed,
And by our lives displayed;
6. Till we attain those blissful realms,
Where now our Saviour reigns;
To rival these celestial choirs
In their immortal strains!