|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
LHymn/Song From The Oremus Hymnal Wiki.
1. When Israel, by divine command,
The pathless desert trod,
They found, throughout the barren land,
A sure resource in God.
2. A cloudy pillar marked the road,
And screened them from the heat;
From the hard rock the water flowed,
And manna was their meat.
3. Like them, we have a rest in view,
Secure from hostile powers:
Like them, we pass a desert too,
But Israel's God is ours.
4. Yes, in this barren wilderness
He is to us the same;
By his appointed means of grace,
As once he was to them.
5. His word a light before us spreads,
By which our path we see;
His love, a banner o'er our heads,
From harm preserves us free.
6. Jesus, the Bread of life, is given
To be our daily food;
Within us dwells that spring from heaven,
The Spirit of our God.
7. Lord, 'tis enough, we ask no more;
Thy grace around us pours
Its rich and unexhausted store,
And all its joy is ours.