|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. What conscience dictates to be done,
Or warns me not to do,
This, teach me more than hell to shun;
That, more than heaven pursue.
2. Let not this weak unknowing hand
Presume thy bolts to throw,
And deal damnation round the land
On each I judge thy foe.
3. If I am right, thy grace impart
Still in the right to stay ;
If I am wrong, oh, teach my heart
To find that better way.
4. Save me alike from foolish pride,
Or impious discontent,
At aught thy wisdom has denied,
Or aught thy goodness lent.
5. Teach me to feel another's woe,
To hide the fault I see ;
The mercy I to others show,
That mercy show to me.