|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. To Jesus, our exalted Lord,
That name, in heav'n and earth adored,
Fain would our hearts and voices raise
A cheerful song of sacred praise.
2. But all the notes which mortals know.
Are weak, and languishing, and low;
Far, far above our humble songs,
The theme demands immortal tongues.
3. Yet whilst around his board we meet,
And worship at his sacred feet,
O let our warm affections move.
In glad returns of grateful love.
4. Yes, Lord, we love and we adore,
But long to know and love thee more;
And, whilst we taste the bread and wine,
Desire to feed on joys divine.
5. Let faith our feeble senses aid.
To see thy wondrous love displayed;
Thy broken flesh, thy bleeding veins,
- Thy dreadful agonizing pains.
6. Let humble, penitential woe.
With painful, pleasing anguish flow;
And thy forgiving love impart,
Life, hope, and joy, to every heart.