|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Shine on our souls, eternal God,
With rays of beauty shine!
O let Thy favour crown our days,
And all their round be thine!
2. Did we not raise our hands to Thee,
Our hands might toil in vain;
Small joy success itself could give,
If Thou Thy love restrain.
3. With Thee let every week begin,
With Thee each day be spent;
For Thee each fleeting hour improv'd,
Since each by Thee is lent.
4. Midst hourly cares may love present
Its incense at Thy throne;
And while the world our hands employs,
Our hearts be Thine alone.
5. Thus cheer us through this desert road,
Till all our labours cease,
And Heaven refresh our weary souls,
With everlasting peace.