|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Safe upon the billowy deep,
Loving Lord, Thy servants keep
Helpless, trusting pilgrims they,
Guard them on their watery way.
2. In the morning fill their sails,
’Mid the dark send favoring gales;
If their sky be overcast,
Calm the waves, and still the blast.
3. Let Thy sunshine guide by day;
Send at eve the starry ray
Through the watches of the night,
Be Thou, Lord, their shining Light.
4. Thus, as hour by hour rolls by,
Watch them with Thy sleepless eye:
Guide with Thine almighty hand
Safe unto the haven land.
5. And at last, life’s voyage o’er,
Take us to the heavenly shore,
Safe in port, to dwell with Thee
Where there shall be “no more sea.”