|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Praise to God who reigns above,
binding earth and heaven in love;
all the armies of the sky
worship his dread sovereignty.
2. Seraphim his praises sing,
Cherubim on fourfold wing,
Thrones, Dominions, Princes, Powers,
marshaled might that never cowers.
3. Speeds the Archangel from his face,
bearing messages of grace;
angel hosts his words fulfill,
ruling nature by his will.
4. Yet on man they joy to wait,
all that bright celestial state,
for in Man their Lord they see,
Christ, the incarnate Deity.
5. On the throne their Lord who died
sits in manhood glorified;
where his people faint below
angels count it joy to go.
6. O the depths of joy divine
thrilling through those orders nine,
when the lost are found again,
when the banished comes to reign!
7. Now in faith, in hope, in love,
we will join the choirs above,
praising, with the heavenly host,
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.