|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. On Zion, and on Lebanon,
On Carmel's blooming height,
On Sharon^s fertile plains, once shone
The glory, pure and bright:
2. From thence its mild and cheering ray
Streamed forth from land to land;
And empires now behold its day,
And still its beams expand.
3. Its brightest splendours, darting west.
Our happy shores illume;
Our farther regions, once unblest,
Now like a garden bloom:
4. But ah! our deserts deep and wild
See not this heavenly light;
No sacred beams, no radiance mild,
Dispel their dreary night.
5. Thou who didst lighten Zion's hill,
On Carmel who didst shine,
Our deserts let thy glory fill,
Thy excellence divine!
6. Like Lebanon, in towering pride.
May all our forests smile;
And may our borders blossom wide,
Like Sharon's fruitful soil!