|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. My grateful soul, for ever praise,
For ever love his name,
Who turned thee from the fatal paths
Ot folly, sin, and shame.
2. Vain and presumptuous is the trust
Which in our works we place;
Salvation from a higher source
Flows to our fallen race.
3. Tis from the love of God through Christ,
That all our hopes begin;
His mercy saved our souls from death.
And washed us from our sin.
4. His Spirit, through the Saviour shed,
His sacred fire imparts,
Refines our dross, and love divine
Rekindles in our hearts.
5. Thus raised from death, we live anew;
And, justified by grace,
We hope in glory to appear,
And see our Father's face.