|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Lord! for the just thou dost provide,
Thou art their sure defence!
Eternal wisdom is their guide.
Their help. Omnipotence.
2. Though they through foreign lands should roam,
And breathe the tainted air
In burning climates, far from home
Yet thou, their God, art there.
3. Thy goodness sweetens ev'ry soil,
Makes every country please:
Thou on the snowy hills dost smile,
And smooth'st the nigged seas!
4. When waves on waves, to heaven uprear'd,
Defy'd the pilot's art;
When terror in each face appear'd.
And sorrow in each heart;
5. To thee I rais'd my humble prayer,
To snatch me from the grave!
I found thine ear not slow to hear.
Nor short thine arm to save!
6. Thou gav'st the word — the winds did cease,
The storms obey'd thy will.
The raging sea was hush'd in peace,
And ev'ry wave was still!
7. For this my life, in every state,
A life of praise sball be;
And death, When death shall be my fate,
Shall join my soul to thee.