|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Hear what the voice from heav'n declares
To those in Christ who die!
"Released from all their earthly cares,
They'll reign with him on high."
2. Then why lament departed friends.
Or shake at death's alarms?
Death's but the servant Jesus sends
To call us to his arms.
3. If sin be pardon'd, we're secure.
Death hath no sting beside;
The law gave sin its strength and power;
But Christ, our ransom, died!
4. The graves of all his saints he bless'd,
When in the grave he lay;
And, rising thence, their hopes he raised
To everlasting day!
5. Then, joyfully, while life we have,
To Christ, our life, we'll sing,
"Where is thy victory, O grave?
And where, O death, thy sting?"