|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Father of mercies, God of love,
Whose gifts all creatures share,
The rolling seasons as they move
Proclaim Thy constant care.
2. When in the bosom of the earth
The sower hid the grain,
Thy goodness mark’d its secret birth,
And sent the early rain.
3. The spring’s sweet influence, LORD, was Thine,
The seasons knew Thy call;
Thou mad’st the summer sun to shine,
The summer dews to fall.
4. Thy gifts of mercy from above
matured the swelling grain:
And now the harvest crowns Thy love,
And plenty fills the plain.
5. O ne’er may our forgetful hearts
O’erlook Thy bounteous care,
But what our FATHER’s hand imparts
Still own in praise and prayer.
6. To FATHER, SON, and HOLY GHOST,
The God whom we adore,
Be glory, as it was, is now,
And shall be evermore.