|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Father of mercies, bow Thine ear,
Attentive to our earnest prayer:
We plead for those who plead for Thee;
Successful pleader may they be.
2. How great their work, how vast their charge!
Do Thou their anxious souls enlarge;
Their best acquirements are our gain;
We share the blessings they obtain.
3. Clothe, then, with energy divine
Their words, and let those words be Thine;
To them Thy sacred truth reveal,
Suppress their fear,inflame their zeal:
4. Teach them to sow the precious seed,
Teach them Thy chosen flock to feed,
Teach them immortal souls to gain,
Souls that will well reward their pain.
5. Let thronging multitudes around
Hear from their lips the joyful sound,
In humble strains Thy grace implore,
And feel Thy new-creating power.
6. Let sinners break their massy chains.
Distressed souls forget their pains;
Let light through distant realms be spread,
And Zion rear her drooping head.