|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Eternal Light! Eternal Light!
How pure the soul must be,
When, placed within Thy searching sight,
it shrinks not, but with calm delight
Can live, and look on Thee.
2. The spirits that surround Thy throne
May bear the burning bliss,
But that is surely theirs alone,
Since they have never, never known
A fallen world like this.
3. O how shall I, whose native sphere
Is dark, whose mind is dim,
Before the Ineffable appear,
And on my naked spirit bear
The uncreated beam?
4. There is a way for man to rise
To that sublime abode;-
An offering and a sacrifice,
A Holy Spirit's energies,
An advocate with God.
5. These, these prepare us for the sight
Of Holiness above;
The sons of ignorance and night
Can dwell in the eternal light,
Through the eternal love.