|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Angels, roll the rock away,
Death, yield up your mighty Prey.
See, the Savior leaves the tomb,
|:Glowing with immortal bloom.:|
2. ’Tis the Savior! angels, raise
Fame’s eternal trump of praise.
Let the world’s remotest bound
|:Hear the joy inspiring sound.:|
3. Now ye saints, lift up your eyes
Now to glory see Him rise,
In long triumph up the sky,
|:Up to waiting worlds on high.:|
4. Heaven unfolds its portals wide,
Glorious Hero, through them ride:
King of glory mount Thy throne,
|:Thy great Father’s, and Thine own.:|
5. Praise Him all ye heavenly choirs,
Raptured, sweep your sounding lyres
Sons of men, in humbler strain,
|:Sing your mighty Savior’s reign.:|
6. Every note with wonder swell;
Sin o’erthrown, and captived hell!
Where is now, O death! thy sting?
|:Where thy terrors, vanquished king!:|