|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
1. Arise, arise, you slumbering sleeper, Arise, arise, 'tis almost day.
Go open your doors, your doors and windows, And hear what your true-love doth say.
2. O who is this that knocks at my window, That speaks my name so familiarly?
'Tis James, 'tis James, your own true lover, That wants to speak one word to thee.
3. Go away from my window, you 11 waken my father; He's lying now a-taking his rest,
And in his hand he holds a weapon
To kill the one that my heart loves best.
4. Go away from my window, jou'll waken my mother; Such tales of love she scorns to hear.
You'd better go court, go court some other, She kindly whispered in my ear.
5. I won't go court, go court some other; By what I say I mean no harm.
I want to win you from your mother And rest you in a true-love's arms.
6. Down in yon valley there grows a green willow. I wish it were across my breast.
It might cut off all grief and sorrow And set my troubled mind at rest.