|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
When The Works All Done This Fall
2. My mother's heart is breaking, Is breaking for me, that is all. I'm going to see my mother When the work's all done this fall.
3. That very night that cowboy Went out to stand that guard. The wind it was a-blowing; It sure was storming hard.
4. The cattle all got scattered And running at a wild stampede; He tried his best to head them By running at full speed.
5. His saddle horse did stumble And on to him did fall. He'll not go to see his mother When the work's all done this fall.
6. They picked him up so gently And laid him on the bed.
All the cowboys crowded around him To see if he was dead.
7. He opened wide his blue eyes And this is what he said: "Oh, Ted, you take my pistol And, Bill, you take my bed,
8. "And send my saddle to mother After I am dead;
For I'll not see my mother When the work's all done this fall."