|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
Ballads and Songs
ii. "Turn me over, Frankie, Turn me over slow; Turn me over on my left side; Those bullets hurt me so. You've killed your man who wouldn't treat you right."
12. People all said to Frankie: "Little girl, why don't you run? Don't you see that chief police With a forty-four smokeless gun ?
You've killed your man who wouldn't treat you right."
13. Frankie went down to the river; She marched from bank to bank;
"I've done all I could for a gambling man
And yet I get no thanks
For killing my man, who wouldn't treat me right."
14. Frankie went to the funeral; She rode in a rubber tired hack; When they lowered him into the grave, She screamed, "He'll never come back,
He'll never come back, he'll never come back."
15. Frankie had two children, A boy and a girl;
She told them if they ever saw their papa,
They would see him in another world.
She killed her man who wouldn't treat her right.
16. Frankie sat in the court-room, Fanning with an electric fan. Whispering to her sister, she said, "Never love a gambling man,
For all you do, he won't treat you right."
17. Judge said to the jury: "Jury, I cannot see,
Though Frankie has killed the man she loved,
Why she should not go free
For killing her man who wouldn't treat her right."