|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
Leo Frank and Mary Phagan
5. The tears rolled down her cheek*, The blood rolled down her back;
For she remembered telling her mother What time she would be back.
6. Nemphon was the watchman; He went to wind his key; Away down in the basement Was nothing he could see.
7. They phoned for the officers; Their names I do not know; They came to the pencil factory, Says to Nemphon, "You must go."
8. They took him to the jail house; They bound him in his cell; The poor old innocent negro Had nothing he could tell.
9. Mother sits a-weeping;
She weeps and mourns all day And hopes to meet her darling In a better land some day.
10. Come, all ye good people, Wherever you may be, Suppose that "little Mary" Belonged to you or me.
11.1 have an idea in my mind When Frankie comes to die And stands examination In the courthouse in the sky,
12. He'll be so astonished To what the angels say
And how he killed little Mary Upon that holiday.
13. Judge Roan passed a sentence; He passes it very well;
The Christian doers of heaven Sent Leo Frank to hell.