|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
Ballads and Songs
5. It was at a picnic party, I met her after that;
I quickly introduced myself; We had a pleasant chat.
6. There were many other girls along, But none of them at all
Could dance with me like the girl Who wore the waterfall.
7. I saw her home — we walked along; I swore we'd never part,
Until she asked me to come in; I found she'd won my heart.
8. While sitting there I thought I heard A foot-step in the hall;
All sorts of colors turned this girl That wore the waterfall.
9. A great, big fellow six feet tall Came walking in the room
And when he saw me sitting there At once began to fume.
10. His air so free, it pierced my frost; My heart it did appall;
"This is my husband," said the girl That wore the waterfall.
11. Before I had time to say a word This fellow at me flew
And while they made and held me down They beat me black and blue.
12. When up I got and found I'd lost Watch, money, chain and all, I've never since went near a girl That wore a waterfall.