|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
Ballads and Songs
2. The land-lord said to his lady, "Beware of Boab King, If he comes here today"
3. "What care I for Boab King? What care I for him ?
My doors are all locked,
And my windows barred within."
4. Boab King came one day While the land-lord was gone Saying, "Where is the land-lord ? Where is he today?"
"He is gone to New England To buy a gold ring."
5. "Where is the land-lord's lady? Where is she, I say?"
"She is upstairs in her castle Resting today."
6. "Where is her daughter, Betsy? Where is she today ?"
"She is up-stairs A-sleeping today."
7. Boab King said to Miss Fartner, "How will we fix to get this lady down ?! "We will stick her little baby
Full of needles and pins."
8. Boab King rocked the cradle; Miss Fartner she [did] sing
Till the blood ran out of the cradle And the tears did spin.
9. This lady came tripping downstairs, A-thinking no harm.
Boab King was a-standing And he caught her in his arms.
10. "Boab King, Boab King, Please spare me one hour, Till I go to my baby, So mournful it cries."