Robin He Married a Wife
1. Robin he married a wife from the west
Moppity, moppity mo no
She got up before she was dressed
With a high jig jiggety top and petticoat
Robin, a thrush cries mo no no.
2. When she got up, she got up in a haste
Went to the cupboard before she was laced.
3. Went to the cupboard and opened the door
Cheese rolled out, fell out on the floor.
4. Cheese fell out upon the floor
Out of the cupboard and out of the door.
5. It ran till it came to Wakefield Cross
She followed after upon a white horse.
6. This song was made for gentlemen
If you want any more you can sing it again.
7. There's bread and cheese upon the shelf
If you want any more you can sing it yourself.