|Share page||Visit Us On FB|
At the end of the first "tip," when the first dance is finished and the dancers remain in their sets ready for the second tip, you may hear such phrases as the following:
1) Swing your honey, And there you stand,
2) There you stand!
4) You're done!
When the second "tip" is finished and the dancers are to return to their seats the following finish phrases may be heard:
1) Keno! Promenade to your seats!
2) Promenade! You knotc ichere and I don't care, Take your honey to a nice soft chair!
3) Lead her out and give her air!
4) Meet your partner and promenade there. Take your honey to a rocking chair!
5) Hurry up girls and don't be slow, Kiss that caller before you go!
All docey-does are essentially the same in execution, but a great variety of calls can be used, especially in the way of nonsensical patter, which fills in while the figure is being executed. In the following variants no notes will be given if the execution is standard.
Circle four and docey-doe.
(Explanation: Two couples join hands in a circle of four with each lady on the right side of her partner and opposite the other lady. The four circle to the left or clockwise. Each gentleman then passes his lady's left hand from his right hand to his left, in such a way that at the moment of break she passes beyond the opposite lady or